Sunday, January 9, 2011

And She's Off

Unless I get snowed in, I'm heading south tomorrow to Quartzsite, AZ.  I hope to take the coast down, avoiding the snowy I-5 passes.  It should be a beautiful drive.  I'm looking forward to seeing some of my traveling friends in Quartzsite, a snow-birders haven.
Car packed and ready

John's Facebook post says, "Well it's Sunday and we have no snow here.  Suanne is getting the urge again.  She is going to leave on a trip to meet up with a group of friends.  So, leaving tomorrow and will be back next month.  We are going to have to nail her shoes to the ground.   So, it's going to be me and the girls. PARTY!"

Given that the "girls" include a dog, parrot, and a flock of laying hens ... I say "Go For It John!"  Actually, someday I hope he'll want to go traveling with me.

This past week I had a physical and my eyes checked.  My vision prescription is just a tad bit stronger for book reading.  My cholesterol and blood pressure were both high, but not high enough to require medication.  I don't like taking meds, so I was glad for that.  But, it's a wake up call; so, I am cleaning up my eating to get those numbers down, as well as my weight. 

The Prius got her regular maintenance yesterday and she's mostly packed.  So, now for a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Drive safe and keep warm!

    Imagine an RV with a chicken coop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowing here now, I hope it missed you guys.
    Safe Journey to you Suanne, when can we expect you back?

    ReplyDelete